A firefighter fights a blaze in Fontana, one day before the fire near the Getty Museum (AP Photo/Dan Steinberg) »
- ALL THAT NO ONE WANTS: Ace Of Base will release a new album in 2009, along with a Greatest Hits compilation and a world tour. Now with the Backstreet Boys' comeback, the New Kids' comeback, and this album, 1990-2010 will be a palindrome. (Dlisted)
- NEW EXCUSE: Janet Jackson claims she is feeling "too nasty" to perform…
LAX may not be the most exciting airport by any means, but small steps help. Tomorrow is the ribbon cutting for two locally based companies, Baja Fresh and La Brea Bakery, in Terminal 7 where an express version of Wolfgang Puck's has already been located for years. La Brea has been at the airport for a couple months… »
MID-CITY: Just when everyone's tightening their wallets, white truffle season is here. Donato Poto supplies some fun facts in the Providence newsletter: 2004 was one of the best recent years due to the right amount of rain and sun, but 2007 was one of the worst year for truffles and reached almost $4000 a pound at one… »
The Jim Henson Co has begun to develop a puppet film noir detective comedy titled Happytime Murders. If we knew nothing else about this project, I would still spend $10 on a movie ticket. The story follows a puppet detective who is hired to solve a string of murders around a popular children’s television show called… »
Collider is reporting that Warner Bros is doing a test screening of Watchmen at the Regal Lloyd Center 10 Theater in Portland Oregon this Thursday, October 16th at 7:00pm. Apparently this is a “blind screening” so they are recruiting people who don’t know anything about the comic book world. So if you run into one of… »
· The Return of Late Night: Taking first-guest bets. Our first tantalizing taste of Dave beard. Countdown to our last. Letterman's kickline. What's worse?: Leno's restriction-busting monologue or his impovised banter? Craig Ferguson makes sweet love to Paul Shaffer's head. Conan clobbers in the Beard Wars and ratings.
· Music round-up: Seawolf play at the Natural History Museum (where you can pet actual seawolves in their underwater petting zoo!), Circle Jerks are at the Henry Fonda, and You, Me & Iowa play Spaceland.
· It's National Bird Day! Did you forget? Celebrate Silverlake's Thinkspace Gallery presents Fight for Flight,… »
For an early afternoon Britney palate cleanser, we thought we'd offer you this Tyra clip of South Carolinian Miss Teen U.S.A. 2007 candidate Caitlin Upton, who has secured herself a lasting place in the Annals of American Density for her now-legendary 91-word response to a question about the scourge of geographical… »
PrivacyWatch celebrity sightings are submitted by our readers, and are posted several times a week, so send them in often! Submit yours to tips[AT]defamer.com (please put "sighting" or "PrivacyWatch" in the subject line so we don't lose them) and tell everyone about the time you saw Frodo Baggins overwhelmed with… »
In probably the saddest single quote to emerge from the ongoing Britney drama, a source at Cedars-Sinai assigned to their "special needs" (i.e. OD or suicide attempt) patients explained, "So we got a call to go have someone sit with her. None of us wanted to go sit with her," going on to explain that while they'd have… »